We are proud to launch the One Percent Safer Bursary for IIRSM membership, an exciting new initiative by two global leaders in safety. Its aim, to support the development of risk and safety professionals in five developing or emerging nations in Africa and south Asia: Nigeria, Egypt, India, Pakistan and Ghana.The bursary is funded by the One Percent Safer Foundation using profits from the sale of the acclaimed One Percent Safer book and related products. The initiative supports One Percent Safer’s charitable aim to provide practical help in the form of small grants or support with professional education and development to individual safety and risk practitioners. IIRSM (the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management) is a leading professional membership organisation and education charity and a leader in providing professional education and development to safety and risk practitioners. So, successful applicants for the One Percent Safer Bursary will receive a year’s free membership, at Affiliate level, of IIRSM. This gives them access to a wealth of tools and resources to support their professional journey in safety and risk, including:
- IIRSM’s outstanding magazine, The Sentinel
- regular updates on developments in the world of risk
- professional development opportunities to boost your career
- networking opportunities to share information, learn and make connections
- an excellent mentoring platform for peer-to-peer learning
- widely recognised and respected post-nominals.